Snohomish County has designated an 80-acre site on the west side of Paine Field Airport as Paine Field Aerospace Business Park, Phase 1 of which is being designed to accommodate perceived requirements to develop an industrial facility to potentially manufacture the Boeing 777X wing.
1. County and Everett collaborated on Governor's Task Force to expedite permitting for 777X.
2. Paine Field identified and labeled a site as Paine Field Aerospace Business Park that can accommodate development requirements for large aerospace manufacturing operations.
3. City identified several sites on Boeing-Everett campus that can accommodate 777X.
4. By County Resolution 3-013 and Everett Resolution 6636 dated July 10, 2013, the two jurisdictions supported designation of Paine Field Aerospace Park as Project of Statewide Significance (PSS).
5. County and City desire to submit a Joint Application for County's Aerospace Park project and Everett's Boeing-Everett 777X Project to each be given a PSS designation. This designation allows state and local authorities to expedite development permits, making Washington more competitive in attracting 777X.
6. State requires Council submit approval letter and Executive to sign Joint Application submittal letter.
Read the Snohomish County Council Motion 13-431 here.
Location of proposed Paine Field Aerospace Business Park.